Malifaux M2E 2nd Edition Rule Book
Based in an alternate Earth, Malifaux uses gothic, steampunk, and Victorian horror with a dose of the wild west to inject fun and depth into the magical lawlessness of a world rife with monsters, necropunks, man-machine hybrids, gunslingers, and power-hungry politicos. Actively using character-driven stories to define the world of Malifaux, seek your fortune in this fast paced and brutal 32mm tabletop miniature skirmish game. Assemble your crew and stake your claim! Malifaux 2E completely updates the rules of the game, adding strategic depth, clarity, and choices. New stories, new factions, and new characters continue to pull you through the Breach and leave you battling for opportunity and survival in the dangerous world of Malifaux. No longer do you have to trust the fickle fate of a dice roll. In Malifaux you use cards, a Fate Deck, as you lead your Crew to victory with strategy, tactics and resource management, and if that isn't enough, you can Cheat Fate. Looking for scalability? Malifaux has it. Jump in with nothing more than a single Crew for a quick and brutal fight, or take your time to gather allies and mercenaries and field a much larger force. Each character brings unique skills and abilities. But don't waste a single Soulstone; it may be your final mistake.
- Malifaux is a skirmish miniature game in a horror/steampunk setting
- Each player builds a force of 5-7 figures from a faction to battle it out. A force is composed of minions and at least one master
- Malifaux involves elements of resource management as hands of cards are used instead of dice to resolve skill checks
- Each check involves drawing a card from a deck and adding it to a figure's statistic. Players can then use cards from their hands to raise the value
- He turn system is integrated, with each player alternating turns between model activations